Friday, March 13, 2009

Angels Watching Over Me

Today child #1--age 12, was scheduled to go to a Tobymac concert with the youth group. This morning, her best friend came over with her stuff--because she was going too...and I was supposed to take both of them to the church as soon as they got off the bus from middle school so that I could get them there and get child #2 off of his bus.

It did not run that smoothly.

Child #1, who supposedly got her stuff together last night and this morning took 25 minutes to be ready to leave---I had allowed for 15--this threw me late. I called a good neighbor friend who was more than willing to get child #2 off the bus with her boys so I didn't have to rush. I still felt bad because I had told the associate pastor/youth pastor that I needed to drop them at 3:15 in order to be back to get child #2--and he willingly agreed to be there at 3 so I would be sure to have someone there to meet me.

I pulled up to the church, behind the van--and bumped the curb. My tire blew out....very quickly it was completely flat. Luckily--this same man helped me figure out how to get the dadgum donut off the van (it's hidden under the van and requires a secret handshake to be removed...thankfully the owners manual had specific instructions for how exactly the handshake had to be done. And then, even though when he said he needed a hand I clapped, he changed the tire and got me back on my way. He knows I'm a complete smart alleck though so it was ok.

He said it was a very unhappy tire. I said no more so than my husband would be. Now, understand, while I can get gas, add fluids and air, and check tire pressure...I don't know much more than that...I've been married for almost 16 years to a man who works on our cars all the time. It's one of those things he does for our family. The pastor informed me that I should be greatful that the tire blew there...that for it to blow out just from bumping the curb (and I really wasn't going that fast) it was ready to blow...and it was a blessing it hadn't happened going 65 miles an hour down the interstate (or 75--considering that's what I drive when the speed limit is 70).

Anyway..I came back, got child #2 and went and bought a new tire. Wasn't thrilling but at least right now we had the money to buy the tire... six months ago I woudln't have.

All in all, though I have had a frustrating week--I feel extremely watched over and blessed.

God is good. All the time....All the time, God is good...to me.

I'll be back on over the course of the next week. The anniversary of my mom's death is next weekend...and I want to share what a wonderful and strong woman she was.

hugs and blessings
Vicky

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to get caught up on your life, even when life includes blown tires. I enjoyed your "secret handshake" line. :-)

    Blessings,
    Becky
    caringbridge.org/nc/sarahsmith

    ReplyDelete